Closely related to the ginger family, turmeric is one of the most effective nutritional supplements existing today. The perennial herb is known for its huge benefits in terms of both physical and mental health.
Turmeric or Curcuma longa is known for its healing properties and is widely used in food preparation. But in terms of benefits, turmeric offers a lot more than that.
For your assistance, here is the list of benefits that turmeric has to offer:
- Turmeric has been praised as the most powerful and comprehensive herbal medicine in the Ayurvedic system of medicine.
- The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of turmeric make it a highly essential element for skin treatment. It inhibits the growth of skin bacteria as well.
- The use of turmeric helps in reducing body weight. Turmeric accelerates the rate of metabolism and helps in burning a significant number of calories.
- The golden spice helps in detoxification of the liver and due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is recommended to be used for managing the symptoms of gout, arthritic pain, and muscle pain resulting from an injury or exercise.
- It is a well-known ingredient that is used in the preparation of many foods for its stomach-soothing Particularly, turmeric is best to treat cramping, constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- It comprises of a substance called curcumin, which is excellent in preventing cystic fibrosis – one of the deadliest diseases similar to cancer. Curcumin helps by correcting the protein-folding mutation which is the main cause for the development of cystic fibrosis.
- Turmeric significantly increases the body’s antioxidant capacity – a mechanism that is related to several diseases and aging. The curcumin found in turmeric blocks free radicals and stimulates the body’s original antioxidant mechanism.
- The curcumin found in turmeric helps in boosting brain’s neurotrophic factor which is responsible to improve the overall brain function and for reducing the risk of many brain-related
- It is effective in treating Alzheimer’s disease. It helps in its prevention and also treats this common neurodegenerative disease that can also lead to cause dementia.
- According to many studies, turmeric has incredible effects against the symptoms of depression. Turmeric boosts the BNDF (Brain-derived neurotrophic factor) levels and helps to stimulate the brain neurotransmitters, dopamine and serotonin, which reduces depression.
The benefits of turmeric are countless. If you too would like to avail some of its amazing benefits, then you must start using this incredible substance as one of your major food ingredients.
Sue has been a long-standing advocate of a holistic approach to life. You can contact Sue here https://www.integratedbodywork.co.uk/contact